Parents and parents-to-be got all the expert advice they needed in their journey to and through parenthood at Makati Medical Center’s Pregnancy and Beyond 2016, the continuation of the premier health institution’s successful series of free lay forums about pregnancy and baby care.
The forums were held every fourth Saturday of the month beginning in February from 10AM to 2PM, at the 8th Floor Tower 2 Auditorium. The series began in 2009, co-presented by MakatiMed’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Department of Pediatrics.
Pregnancy & Beyond’s sessions welcomed an average of more than a hundred attendees per session:
- Right Nutrition for Mommy and Baby, FAQs on Tests during Pregnancy, Breastfeeding 101
- Preparing for the Big Day, Setting Expectations: A Guide to EINC (Essential Intrapartum and Newborn Care), Breastfeed Crawl
- Immunization, Touch Therapy, and Keep Calm and Exercise
- Baby Sign Language, Postpartum Blues, Breastfeeding Difficulties
- Role of Play: Which Toys to Buy, Spotting Red Flags: Developmental Delays, and First Aid for Babies
Moms, dads, and their companions were treated to giveaways, product discounts, and raffle prizes as they listened to lectures provided by experts. Attendance to all of the events was free and open to the public. Healthy lunch was served in each session, giving parents a chance to socialize with other moms and dads.
The first leg of Pregnancy & Beyond 2017 began on February 18 with the topics Pre-Natal Check-Ups, Pregnancy FAQs, and Breastfeed Crawl. The next sessions’ topics are:
- Preparing for the Big Day, Right Nutrition for Mommy and Baby, Breastfeed Crawl – March 18
- Water Birthing, Doula, and Sayuntis – April 22
- Spotting Red Flags: Developmental Delays, Immunization, Breastfeeding Difficulties – May 20
- Postpartum Blues, Baby Sign Language, First Aid for Babies – June 17
The second leg of the forums, featuring the same sequence of topics, will begin on July 18 and will run until November 18.
For more information or further inquiries, please contact MakatiMed On-Call through 8888 999, email email@example.com, or visit www.makatimed.net.ph.